About Mel Kleiman
As the onetime owner of three different businesses (including the largest group of Hertz Rent-A-Car franchise locations in the U.S.), Mel’s expertise is based on his personal experience as a business owner as well as his extensive research and consulting work helping companies design successful employee recruiting, hiring, and retention programs.
Over the years, Mel’s expertise has been called upon by companies and associations of every size and type including such well-known names as Harley-Davidson, CiCi’s Pizza, Coca-Cola, Exxon Mobil, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and the Society for Human Resource Management.
The National Speaking Association awarded Mel the prestigious Certified Speaking Professional designation in 1999 and his diverse client roster includes franchise organizations like Applebee’s, Kwik Copy and Jiffy Lube, corporate entities like Circle K, Cracker Barrel and Feather River Hospital, as well as professional and trade associations like the Indiana Grocery and Convenience Store Association, the National Apartment Association, and the Texas Dairy Queen Owners & Operators Association. In his capacity as a speaker, Mel has delivered over 500 custom-designed presentations at corporate meetings, trade shows, and conferences worldwide.
His most popular programs include:
- Hire Tough, Manage Easy©
- Beyond Behavioral Interviewing: The Next Evolution©
- The Five Firsts of Employee Retention©
- 30+Tools, Tips & Techniques to Recruit, Select, and Retain Top Talent
Other popular programs include:
- How to Hire a Frontline that Won’t Flatline
- Why Smart Managers Hire the Wrong People
- Recruit Smarter, Not Harder©
- How to Create a Magnetic Culture©
- The 6 R’s and 1 C of Employee Retention
Mel is a regular contributor to Restaurant Hospitality, Multi-Unit Franchise, and Convenience Store Decisions magazines and the author of seven books including the bestselling Hire Tough, Manage Easy as well as:
- 267 Hire Tough Proven Interview Questions,
- 180 Ways to Build a Magnetic Culture
- So You Got the Job, Now What?
- 100 + 1 Top Tips, Tools & Techniques to Attract & Recruit Top Talent
- The Five Firsts: A Simple System to On-board, Engage & Retain Top Talent
Mel also serves as a board member for the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation and for the Workforce Institute.